I think it is fairly obvious when u read this blog that I love the twilight series. I have been eagerly awaiting my chance to read BD. I finally got that chance this weekend while we were camping, in between all the activities. I have some thoughts that I wanted to share and see how everyone else felt.
* I did like it
* Not my favorite, but the resolution was enough to satisfy me.
* I really missed alice. I love her character and was sad that she was not heavily featured in this book.
* I like that they got married, but i felt like it was missing some description, something was off in this section of the book. missing some detail or something to "grab" u like the other books.
* But it really "lost" my interest with the whole baby thing - at the beginning. i had a hard time reading more after she discovered she was pregnant. I don' really know why. maybe it was that we were camping, there was lots of reasons to put the book down and it interrupted my reading.
* I liked the jacob portion of the book. I liked his perspective.
* I really could care less about leah and him making peace with her. her antagonism was crucial to his character development though.
* I liked that he finally matured and moved ahead in his life and took a stance to become his own pack.
* I liked that charlie was able to be a part of her life after the transformation
* I warmed up to the whole baby thing
* Had a really hard time getting thru the whole birth/transformation process. I think that I was worried that bella would lose her character and traits that I liked. She would not be herself, which was her concern as well. But i think that SM did a great job with bella's development
* I read that SM had said that this book was not a youth fiction....the birth, baby eating way out stuff was a little gross for me.
* I was not as upset that edward was not heavily featured, because the story really is about bella. and edward is seen thru her eyes and really he stays the same except in book one where he chooses to be around her and not drink her. He always loves her and that will not change. He was not so much protector in this book.........cuz she is now invincible and is a great vamp.
* I liked that jacob had his happy ending. that he stayed in bella's life. I actually liked that he imprinted with Nessie and that he now has love. I am a happily ever after type of girl!
* I liked the 'blonde" jokes that jacob threw at rosalie (not my favorite character) and I loved when he threw his dog dish at her.
* I liked that bella had great power and that she saved them all. she was always the true heroine of these books, discovering herself and her choices.
* I also liked that her newborn self was not as violent and she could control that urge rather well. cuz let's face it, none of us wanted to see her kill a human.
* I loved it when she attacked jacob for imprinting or was it the nickname!!! ha ha.
* And I loved that edward finally got to read her mind.
I think overall I really did like it. I think that it could have been broken into a couple of books because so much of SM's writing style was missing in the first part of the book. The connection between bella and edward in the first part was different than normal. I could put this book down, where the other three I read late into the night. so that was missing for me. although at the end i could not put it down, so i guess it was kind of the same. I think that I also knew that this was the end. No more E&B. I felt the same way about H Potter....the last one was hard to get thru, because it was the last. I think overall it was a great resolution. I think I really wanted a battle at the end of this book. I am hoping for a jacob/nessie book. I mean come on. that would be great. I need a little more time to digest it and mull it over....but right now I go with a thumbs up in the overall story arc and conclusion. I had just reread all 3 books to set me up for this one and I have to say that I saw so many different things the second time I read them. So maybe I will reread this in a few months and something else will hit me. So tell me what did u think? Did u love, not like or riding the fence?
Monday, August 11, 2008
Posted by Rochelle at 5:17 PM