The master in the ART of living makes
little distinction between his work and his PLAY,
his labor and his leisure, his mind and his body,
his information and his recreation, his love and his religion.
He hardly knows which is which.
He simply pursues his vision of excellence at whatever he does,
leaving others to decide whether he is WORKING or PLAYING.
To him he's always doing both.
by James Michener
I loved this qoute that I found on a scrappin blog. It reminded me of my keyword for the year....Vitality. This morning when we walked to school the sun was shining on our faces and lighting up the morning with the energy of a new day. Noah and I took a bike ride this morning as well. It just feels good to have spring winking at us. It felt good to be out, in the sun and ready to enjoy a new day. looking forward to the goodness it will bring.
Wednesday, February 27, 2008
The master in the ART of living makes
Posted by Rochelle at 2:47 PM
Posted by Rochelle at 8:06 AM
Tuesday, February 26, 2008
Posted by Rochelle at 7:16 AM
Friday, February 22, 2008
Posted by Rochelle at 5:56 PM
Wednesday, February 20, 2008
Posted by Rochelle at 3:46 PM
Monday, February 18, 2008
So I have been tagged twice now and I have been putting it off, cuz well I just don't know what to write, there are too many things. ha ha. So here is my attempt:
6 Quirks About You Rules:
1. Link to the person that tagged you
2. Post the rules on your blog
3. Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself
4. Tag at least 3 people at the end of your post and link to their blogs
5. Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog
6. Let the fun begin!
* I have an addiction to Target. I literally cannot walk in there without buying something. anything. I love it. If I don't go at least once a week I have withdrawels.
* The toilet paper must hang over the roll, not under. I will fix it if it has been put on the roll the wrong way.
* I will clean and pick up before my mom comes over, just to prove that I am not like her. Dishes put away, toys up, no clutter and dusting, vaccuming and clean bathrooms are high on the list.
* I go online and play webkinz everyday. I do all my daily activities and last week I won the hot air balloon and I bought the rare golf cart!!! ha ha.
* I drink my coffee out of the same cup for a week, then the next week choose a new one! Coffee mugs make me happy, so does coffee.
* I clench my teeth at night so I have to wear a guard so I don't wake up with headaches.
Posted by Rochelle at 7:27 AM
Friday, February 15, 2008
Posted by Rochelle at 9:25 AM
Thursday, February 14, 2008
Posted by Rochelle at 10:18 AM
Wednesday, February 13, 2008
Posted by Rochelle at 9:41 AM
Saturday, February 09, 2008
in between noah puking yesterday and sydnie's fever, i actually sat down and scrapbooked two pages yesterday. this is a huge deal. it has been f.o.r.e.v.e.r
i finally cleaned off my desk while they were watching a video and pulled out the suttle lake pages that had been sitting underneath the pile of junk and it only took me about 30 minutes to complete them. I have been "working" on these pages for 5 months and could never get excited about them. But I finally found the right color combination and viola.....
It felt so great to be creative and now i am totally pumped to work on the kids albums. What I really want to work on is our Disney album, but that is a little indimidating, so many pix.
Posted by Rochelle at 9:48 AM
Friday, February 08, 2008
Posted by Rochelle at 7:35 AM
Tuesday, February 05, 2008
Last night the family was watching a "how it was made" and they were showing how fortune cookies were made, it was really interesting and scary how much sugar is in those little things. I have a fondness for those lucky little suckers. Once during cheerleading camp someone brought a huge bag full and we gorged ourselves on fortune cookies. It must have been all the sun, workouts and spirit in the air, because they had never tasted so good.
But the real reason I love fortune cookies is because about 12 years ago Thad and I had just started dating and went to our favorite chinese restauraunt in beaverton with Thad's family. That evening we were still exploring how we felt about one another...did we want to continue with this or was it not something that we saw in our future. Towards the end of the meal we received our cookies. Thad broke his open, read his fortune and turned red. He would not look at me for quite awhile. I could not figure out what on earth he had read. It took the rest of the evening for him to tell me what it was that had freaked him out so completely! He showed me the fortune.......Stop searching forever, happiness is just next to you.
We both thought it was romantic and fun, so we kept the fortune. Two weeks later we had dinner at a different restauraunt with some friends. We shared lots of laughter and good food and got to the end of our meal and received our cookies. I opened my cookie and read the fortune inside......Stop searching forever, happiness is just next to you.
Seriously...........I am not making this up. I think that pretty much sealed the deal for us, well not really, but it is a really cool story to tell our kids! So that is our story of the ultimate fortune cookie fortune. So next time you crack open the sugary goodness, take a moment and read what the future has in store for you.
Posted by Rochelle at 7:46 AM